Child Impact Seminars for Divorcing Parents
Welcome to the “Child Impact Program” at the Greater Nashua Mental Health Center at Community Council. The New Hampshire legislature enacted RSA 458-D in 1993, which mandates parents to complete the Children First Program before a divorce decree can be issued. This four-hour program helps parents understand the impact of divorce and custody issues on children by focusing on the following topics:
- The effects of divorce and separation on children
- Stages of grief and loss
- Parental conflict strategies for co-parenting
- Model for negotiating agreement
- Alternative dispute resolution
You may register for either a 4-hour class on a Saturday (9am – 1pm) or two 2-hour classes during a weeknight (6pm – 8pm).
Fill out the Child Impact Seminar Registration Form to register online today. If you prefer not to register online, download the registration form here.
Please note that class sizes are limited and usually fill up 4-6 weeks in advance. The earlier you register for a class, the better your chances are of getting your preferred selection. If you are unable to attend any of our classes, you may attend at any other participating location. For a list of program location, go to www.nhcbha.org.
100 West Pearl Street, Nashua, NH 03060 (West Pearl Street runs off of Main Street; behind Alec Shoe Store).
- You are responsible for checking in with the course presenters to be sure your attendance is recorded.
- You must attend all 4 hours of the course.
- Classes begin promptly. Late arrivals cannot be admitted and will be required to re-schedule.
- You may re-schedule once. If you need to reschedule more than once, there will be a $25.00 fee.
- Classes are for registered adults only. No childcare will be provided; therefore we ask that you do not bring your children.
- Breaks are taken during the class. Please feel free to bring beverages (non-alcoholic) or snacks as needed.
- If a class needs to be cancelled due to inclement weather, a recording will be left on the message phone (603-598-7155). Decisions will be made by 4pm for evening classes and 7am for Saturday classes.
- Certificates of attendance will be issues at the end of the course. We will notify the court of your course completion.
Child Impact Program Voice mail: (603) 598-7155. This line is checked several times during the week. Messages may be left at any time.