Child Impact Seminars for Divorcing Parents
Welcome to the “Child Impact Program” at Greater Nashua Mental Health. The New Hampshire legislature enacted RSA 458-D in 1993, which mandates parents to complete the Children First Program before a divorce decree can be issued. This four-hour program helps parents understand the impact of divorce and custody issues on children by focusing on the following topics:
- The effects of divorce and separation on children
- Stages of grief and loss
- Parental conflict strategies for co-parenting
- Model for negotiating agreement
- Alternative dispute resolution
You may register for either a 4-hour class on a Saturday (9am – 1pm) or two 2-hour classes during a weeknight (6pm – 8pm).
Please note that class sizes are limited and usually fill up 4-6 weeks in advance. The earlier you register for a class, the better your chances are of getting your preferred selection. If you are unable to attend any of our classes, you may attend at any other participating location. For a list of program locations, go to www.nhcbha.org.
100 West Pearl Street, Nashua, NH 03060 (West Pearl Street runs off of Main Street).
- You are responsible for checking in with the course presenters to be sure your attendance is recorded.
- You must attend all 4 hours of the course.
- Classes begin promptly. Late arrivals cannot be admitted and will be required to re-schedule.
- You may re-schedule once. If you need to reschedule more than once, there will be a $25.00 fee.
- Classes are for registered adults only. No childcare will be provided; therefore we ask that you do not bring your children.
- Breaks are taken during the class. Please feel free to bring beverages (non-alcoholic) or snacks as needed.
- If a class needs to be cancelled due to inclement weather, a recording will be left on the message phone (603-598-7155). Decisions will be made by 4pm for evening classes and 7am for Saturday classes.
- Certificates of attendance will be issues at the end of the course. We will notify the court of your course completion.
Contact Patricia Marshall at 889-6147, Ext. 3210, for further information.